Remember that the phone call you make to set up your fitting appointment is a part of your professional etiquette and the person you are talking with is evaluating your professionalism and personality!
Think about what you are going to say before you call. Know the name of the person you need to talk to. Introduce yourself as a model from Excel and you need to set up an appointment for your fitting. Do so at a time that is convenient for THEM. They are not required to work around YOUR schedule. Use a bright, upbeat, friendly voice and be quick to answer them in a friendly manner. When they give yu a time….say….”That will be great! I look forward to meeting you and modeling for your store!” Sound happy and like you mean it!!
**Coordinators have a right to see the clothes, as if they were in a show, so…
- Come to the fittings with your face and hair fixed, and dressed neatly. For professional jobs, you are being paid for most fittings, so you have to produce!
- Be on time!
- Cooperate with the coordinator. Never mention if you do or do not like the garment, unless asked. (Never tell them that you do not like the garment).”I will be happy to wear this if this is what you want to show!”
- For fittings and shows have with you: a head scarf or a zip hood, long and short half slips, strapless bra, basic seasonal shoes wardrobe, dress shields and clear anti-perspirant, if necessary. NEVER WEAR COLOGNE!!!!
- Never step out of a garment with your shoes on.
- Never sit, eat, drink, or smoke in a merchant’s garment.
- ABSOLUTELY NO GUM!!!
- ALSO YOUR MOTHER CANNOT HAVE AN OPINION. YOU ARE MODELING NOT SHOPPING!!!
- IF YOU ARE TOLD YOU CAN PICK YOUR OWN OUTFIT DO IT VERY QUICKLY!!!!
- Never pull a garment over your head, without using a zip hood.
- Hang clothes, after fitting in each garment.
- Take a note card and pen, to write down accessories and show information.
- When you come out of the dressing room, model the outfit as if you were on the runway, in front of a camera, etc...for the merchant.
- Clip tags and place in separate baggies each piece of clothing and use a black sharpie to label the bags.
Ask the Merchant…
(At this show there will be no directions given to you by the store. In this case it will be me so don't ask this info for this show. )
1. Which garment did you choose for me to wear in the show, out of the ones I tried on? (Write a brief description of each and leave a space for notes).
2. What accessories, what color shoes, what color hose, would you like me to wear with each of these outfits?
3. Will there be a make-up artist and hair stylist or should I do my own?
4. What time should I arrive for the rehearsal and show?
DON’T FORGET TO BE GRATEFUL!!!!
Find out the names of everyone that helped you so you can write them a thank you note!!
**Thank the merchant and leave quickly, so he/she can get to the next model. Always change as quickly as possible during a fitting, so the fitters can stay on schedule. Never leave a mess in the dressing room. Always pick up after yourself!
READ ALL OF THIS CAREFULLY AND COMMENT BELOW ON HOW YOUR FITTING WENT FOR THE SHOW!!!